Thursday, August 26, 2010

My First Impressions of the National Audubon Society Guide to Nature Photography Digital Edition

 
 The National Audubon Society Guide to Nature Photography Digital Edition, by Tim Fitzharris, is the "textbook" that I will be using throughout my Digital Nature Photography course.  First, I have to confess that I really don't view this book as a typical textbook.  It is more like an enjoyable book that I probably would have considered buying at a bookstore just to see all the beautiful pictures and to learn a little bit more about good photography.  After reading through the introduction of the text I came to realize that this book is not so much about the really technical aspect of photography (shutter speeds, apertures, exposure etc.) , but more about picking great shots.  Of course for it to be a photography book it will have to talk about some of the technical stuff, but in reading through this introductory section of the book, I think the main purpose of the book is to give insight into picking great shots as well as to inspire the reader to be a better photographer.  With the advancement of photography from 35mm to the digital era, today's photographers have to be even more creative.  With digital photography, most everybody can take and develop their own pictures right in their own home; something that used to cost more and require the assistance of a photo shop/lab.  I am really looking forward to learning how to be a better photographer with this book!

Citations:
Textbook Photo-
http://www.fireflybooks.com/bookdetail&ean=9781554073924

Reading-
Fitzharris, Tim. National Audubon Society Guide to Nature Photography Digital Edition. Buffalo: Firefly,                  2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment